Minutes remaining on phone card
Posted: 14 August 2011 10:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-08-14

Everywhere I’ve ever lived, it is easy to know how much time is left on the pay as you go phone card.  However, i can’t get this information with Movistar in Spain.  And when the phone doesn’t work, I don’t know if it is out of minutes or there is another problem, until I recharge the card.  It is annoying.  Does anyone know?

Posted: 14 August 2011 11:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

It used to be quite easy, dialling 333 used to activate a text message from Movistar that indicated the amount of cash credit you had remaining on the phone. However, Movistar changed all that about a year ago and now send a text message when you have less than 3? left, then another when you have less than 2? credit. So far as I am aware the facility to request the credit balance no longer exists. When you recharge your movistar phone account a text message is sent out showing the balance available and the expiry date of that balance. After that date any credit remaining is forfeited. Each recharge extends the six month validity period of the total balance.

Credit in terms of minutes available was never an option as text messages and voice calls are charged at different rates.

hope this helps.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773