Simple Question about Job Choice !
Posted: 06 October 2011 01:06 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-28

hello everyone 😊

well… the main reason I’m posting this topic is because I’m stumped on what I want to be in the future. I’m debating between becoming an English Teacher or becoming part of a Concierge Staff team for a hotel. Which one sounds better ?
If anyone has work experience as an English Teacher or a Concierge worker than please explain how your experiences were, how the pay was, and any other important detail.

feel free to message me about your experiences too. much appreciated. 😊

Posted: 06 October 2011 01:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

sumshi… hi

Unemployment rate among the under 25’s in Spain is about 42% and 21% generally.

We have a general election coming up in November and if the outcome is as expected things will almost certainly get worse before they get any better.

It will be very difficult finding any kind of a job over here if you do not speak reasonably fluent Spanish

Of the two choices, I’d be inclined to go for teaching rather than hotel work which is at a premium. The pay will be better, but competition for teaching posts can be fierce.

Do not be tempted to engage any company offering TEFL courses; whilst some may be legit there are a hell of a lot of cowboy outfits and scammers who will promise the earth but when push comes to shove will do nothing. Above all else do not send anyone any money as fees for such a course.

As with everything these days do your research, do your homework. The information provided on this forum by admin is as legit and as up to date as we can make it; that which is presented in the forum by posters however may not be accurate or up to date and may reflect commercial interests.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

fb
Admin

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773