May this work out? Help needed ..
Posted: 12 October 2011 04:22 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-10-04

I?m non-EU married to a Spanish national. We?ve lived in the UK legally with a Registration Certificate and RC since 2008. Prior to this we lived in Spain for almost 4 months and been in and out sever since. While in Spain I got my Tarjeta de Residencia (valid for 5 years). During a trip last year I submitted an application for Spanish nationality.

My in-laws there received a letter from Policia recently inviting me to come on 28 December for an interview. A list of required documents which prove my residence in Spain is included in this letter.

My question is: I?m based in the UK with long term plans to return and live in Spain. ?Homologaccion? of my overseas degree was the reason why we left in the first place as I was unable to work with my qualification. It took around 18 months for this to be sorted out and I got now ?mi titulo homologado?.

There is still almost 3 months down the road to my appointment. I wonder how can I show active residence in Spain while I?m still in the UK ! I know it sounds weird but someone said it may work. One option I was told is to register there as unemployed"Paro? although I?m paying taxes here in the UK !. Other option could be to rent a flat for example and include the tenancy agreement ! I don?t know

I’ve read somewhere in this forum about an american who succeeded in getting spanish nationality in the same route without meeting the 1 year residence requirement !

There is only 3 months to go and wondered what?s the best way around without leaving my ?good-salaried? job here in the very near future at least.