Scooters in Spain!
Posted: 11 June 2007 07:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-06-11

Hello,

I will be heading out to Barcelona for graduate study in the fall and I’m interested in getting a scooter (you know, to live the European ideal I have in my mind).  I’ve found fairly cheap used ones online (<1,000e) but I’m wondering what I need in order to make them legal.  Is insurance on these common?  If I just pay someone in cash for the scooter will I then need to register it? 

What will I need to do to protect it?  Are locking/chaining these scooters common? 

Thanks!  Look forward to your fair town.

Jon

Posted: 13 June 2007 02:01 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-06-02

Buy one that is allready being used on the road, they"ll need an mot if over three years old make sure you get one otherwise it may cost a lot of money to get it through an mot.  I assume they will need tax but shouldnt cost a lot, will be something like 10 euros to tax it, if it has allready been used on the road it will allready be registered, make sure they have the v5 log book for it.  Best to buy a good lock chain for it and lock it up.  When i am in spain no one has a lock on there scooter (better safe than sorry), no one wears helmets lol, park it in the open theres less chance of it getting stolen.