A tricky predicament - I am hoping someone can offer some advice on an APPLICATION FOR A STUDENT VISA FOR SPAIN
Posted: 06 December 2011 11:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-12-06

Greetings Expats!

I’ll keep it short and sweet for you all.

I have a two year working holiday visa for the United Kingdom but am currently traveling around Europe. After falling in love with Madrid on a recent trip there I am sure I DO NOT want to live in the UK and MOT DEFINITELY want to live in MADRID and study Spanish.

After reading up on applying for Student Visas for Spain I realised that you must apply at the consulate which services the area where you reside permanently. Being a nomad of late and all, I don’t really have one. If I had to choose a place it would be the UK as that is where I have my visa - but I do not have an address there. I guess I could rent a flat for the sole purpose of applying (anything is better than going all the way back to Australia to apply!)

Now I am wanting to know - because I have a UK visa - am I allowed to apply for a Spanish Student Visa at the Spanish embassy in the United Kingdom or do I have to go back to Australia and apply there?

Any information anyone could provide will be greatly appreciated.

I LOVE SPAIN!

Posted: 07 December 2011 02:23 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-03-15

Couldn’t you get a working holiday visa for Spain too? Don’t they have a reciprocal 2 year working holiday visa agreement with Australia? Those visas you can definately apply for in London.

Posted: 07 December 2011 07:09 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-12-06

“Working Holiday Visa: Spain doesn’t currently have any working holiday agreements with other countries but it is possible to study there.  You could learn Spanish in Spain, soaking up the local culture and practising your new vocab with people you meet.  Learn more about the Spanish language course.”

Thus, my current predicament stands. :S

Posted: 15 December 2011 10:35 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-12-15

I’m sorry that I can’t be of help, just commiseration and empathy. (fellow australian) It’s hard to get clear, specific info about
visas to spain. I think a lot of people just go. Still, I’ll be watching this topic to see if anyone has some helpful tips.

genericoz out

P.S. don’t tell anyone, but I think I’m gonna just go.