New Telefonica Installation - Electricity required?
Posted: 10 January 2012 01:08 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi, We are waiting to move into our rennovated house, but the electricity supply is not yet on.
Q- Can we go ahead and order/get installed a Telefonica line without elec to test it (I am guessing the answer is yes - I hope! - as
I have been present at a couple of installs and the guy just goes from the exchange nearby, puts in phone sockets you require and presto he is calling the exchange!)  Just want to confirm this as we will order now as we know it could take a few weeks for our application to be actioned but we would like to get phone sorted asap!

Posted: 10 January 2012 07:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Answer would be yes go ahead if you are using a conventional phone.
If you are using a wireless phone (one of those with no cable connecting the handset to the base unit) however you will need the electricity because the base unit contains the wireless unit and this needs power.

We have one of each so that during the occasional power cuts we experience, we can at least make calls on the conventional phone.

Telefonica will normally take up to 20 working days to install. Do not be tempted to order through telefonicainenglish; they are agents for telefonica but have a crap reputation and will extract over 100?‘s from your account for doing something you can do yourself for free via telefonica’s 1004 English speaking service.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 10 January 2012 09:49 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Thanks FB.  We would never use an ‘English Agent’ as we always try to do it ourselves.
We are wondering however, if it would be easier to do it ‘Face to Face’ in an official Movistar agent to do the paperwork? 
I know the on-line approach is considered an easy option these days (one of said installs was via this method - they would have got it done within a week for the client if they had not sent the install form/request to the wrong part of the coast!) 😉 
Just somehow feel easier dealing with someone in a shop when it comes to form filling etc in Spanish.  (Unless there are good English speaking agents on the phone?) 

Sure we will get there! 

(Have just checked with the new neighbours and most in the street have a line, so hopefully a spare one going there!) 😊

Posted: 11 January 2012 01:06 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

We did our original application through 1004 English service and have since always found them to very helpful.

If your Spanish is good enough to deal face to face with an agent in the shop then fair enough.

You will need to provide bank account details and probably a copy of the nota simpla and or padron cert as proof of address plus of course your NIE.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773