Requirements for EU girl to marry Spaniard
Posted: 13 January 2012 12:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-12

Hello everyone.  I’ve been searching for some post where I could ask my question and just couldn’t find anything similar to my situation.
I’m from Macedonia (Europe)  but my country is still not in the EU. My boyfriend lives in Spain and we are thinking about getting married this year and live there. So I’ve been searching for some answers about the process of me going there to get married and get the spanish citizenship. I still haven’t called the Spanish embassy in my country just because I have no idea what it takes to do all of this and I need to get some info and prepare my questions. So now all of this seems like a mission impossible for me. :down:  What I want to know, if anyone can tell me is this:
1. What documents do I need so I can go and married in Spain and how long it takes the process? (and the costs for that)
2. When can I get the spanish citizenship? (and again, the costs)
3. Can I work there until I get the citizenship? I’ve read somewhere that getting the citizenship can last to 1 year so I’m afraid of the possibility of going there and not working (staying home) for 1 year.
4. Are there some other things I need to do about moving to Spain? I want everything to be legal and I want to know every step.

Also I’ve been wondering, I know that if I want to go and work in Spain I need a working visa. Is it possible that if I get that visa before I get married I can work there (if i’m not allowed to work till i get the citizenship) without disturbing the process of getting the citizenship? I just don’t wanna sit there, doing nothing and spend my husbands money for one year.

Sorry if this is confusing and hard to read…I tried to make it simple but because I’m lost in this Legal, Official and Bureaucracy Issues in Spain there is no other way.

Thank you in advance.