It seems to me to be in the Third world sometimes! someone can help?
Posted: 22 June 2007 04:55 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-04-30

Hey guys!!

Anyone can help me? I will be moving in Spain in a small village called Armintza in the Basque country. Before accepting the house I checked for DSL availability, but since I did not remember the number of my street I just put 1 in the Telefonica coverage. I was covered!

Now I have the exact number and I’m in the number 7 ! No way to be covered by telefonica! They seem to cover till the number 4 and the small village in the different area! I tried to contact Orange and they are giving me coverage, but I’m aware they have to pass Telefonica! I went to a shop and the Telefonica guys told me there is no way Telefonica is going to stop them to put ADSL, but I guess will be a long war! Anyone with experience on that?? I need ADSL, what should I do? Keep the house for 1 month and then live looking for another or do you know any method? Remember that Telefonica is covering my area until 20 meters from me…...do not know what to do! They do not offer any different possibility! Any idea? Please reply to me!

Posted: 04 July 2007 08:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2007-07-04

I know of hundreds of stories like this.  It?s no surprise.  The most economical approach would be to befriend an ADSL-enabled neighbour and install an access point in their house.  Apart from that your next option would be something like this (if Vodafone are present where you are):

http://tienda.vodafone.es/movil/modem/usb

Signature