Vodafone transfer from Tele2
Posted: 12 February 2012 07:40 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-12

I have been with Tele2 for two years. Vodafone knocked on my door and asked if I could transfer over to Vodafone (Tele2 is owned by Vodafone) so that they can supply their new router etc.

When the new router arrived a Huawei HG556 is started to hang access to the Internet straight away. After 2 days of resetting power I contacted support, despite two weeks of trying to resolve the problem they refuse to acknowledge that the problem is their router. They have replaced it, upgraded the firmware and made several adjustments.

Vodafone Ireland use the same router and this also shows the same problems.

If you connect multiple PCs to the router by hard wire and have any WIFI the router hangs. You can communicate with the router control panel and Vodafone can view the router but no data passes through the router.

After three weeks I have instructed Vodafone to terminate the contract. Their customer support have now started talking about a contract penalty of between 150-300 euros despite the fact that the ADSL has never worked since being installed reliably.I have lodged and recored with support that their service has never worked and received a reference number.

I have sent a detailed list of reboots, over 70 power resets in three weeks plus a formal termination letter. I have received no reply or advice on what to do with their router. All this has been sent to Vodafone.

Leave this company well alone they cannot supply an alternative model and if you have more than one pc to connect it wont work.

As Tele2 is Vodafone an I have been with them using a faultless Tecom router I cannot see how they can see the router exchange as a new contract. I have instructed Telefonica to take over my ADSL and phone.