Getting ADSL knocks out the phone, getting the phone back knocks out the ADSL
Posted: 27 June 2007 02:27 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-03

Well, I got fed up with ONO’s cable service—the cable modem would stop working for a few days every other week. I kept asking for a manager in order to get a permanent solution. No luck. Then when I canceled service, they offered all sorts of help. So that’s the lesson—ask for the baja, then you’ll get help.

Anyway, I signed up for Ya.com’s ADSL service. Once I got it, the (Telefonica) phone stopped working. I called Telefonica—they fixed it pretty fast, but when they did, the ADSL stopped working. My wife called Ya.com, and they said it will take a week to fix. They further said that Telefonica does this on purpose so that people get fed up with the other providers, and will order Telefonica ADSL service instead!!  I hate to say it, but I believe Ya.com’s explanation—I’ve seen Telefonica’s tactics before.

After three days my wife called Ya.com and said fix it or we’ll cancel service. In a couple of hours, we had ADSL service (with the phone still working). My wife learned the baja trick well.

Posted: 26 August 2007 02:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-03-22

That is similar to what happened to my friend. have you put dsl telefonica filters on all your asdl and all other phone points as I think this may solve the problem.

Signature 

Susannah 😊