BT Authorized Dealer - Mainland Spain & The Canary Islands
Posted: 14 February 2012 10:30 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-02-14

Hi everyone,

We have been offering BT broadband services in the Canary Islands for over a year now and would like to let you know that we can also supply them to the expat community in mainland Spain.

We can take care of new land line installations, all contracts, invoices and support are in English, all your pay if for the services contracted.

If you want to find out more about the services we offer why check out our website: http://www.adsltenerife.com

Regards,

Fernando Beckett
ACT Tenerife

Signature 

Posted: 14 February 2012 10:09 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

what speed do you offter .... and and if can give this speed can get my money back .. with been fined ?

Posted: 16 February 2012 11:15 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-14

Hello there,

In mainland Spain and depending on line restrictions you can have up to 6Mb or 20Mb. In the Canary Islands this changes to up to 3Mb or 8Mb due to the current Telecoms and Cabling infrastructure. I don?t understand what you mean about getting your money back or been fined? The lenght of contract is 12 months, if you cancel before 6 month there is a 90 Euros fee and if cancel before the 12 months it is 60 Euros. I hope this helps otherwise please let me know.

Best regards,

Fernando

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2012 02:15 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

if i pay for 8 mb and only get 3 mb cant not cancel in 30 day with out having to pay the 90 euros ? (fine to get out off the contract )

looking to get adsl in PR GC beside the shopping centre

jurdy

Posted: 17 February 2012 03:51 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-14

Hello Jurdy,

You will only pay for the BT adsl broadand services that can be contracted on your line, meaning if you can?t get an 8Mb on your existing line you will be billed for the 3Mb.

If you want send me your land line number and I can check what speeds are available although until we actually place the order the is not firm confirmation of what can be obtained, but this doesn?t cost you anything.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Best regards,

Fernando

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2012 12:53 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

... and has been pointed out to me by a (non-BT) agent on Tenerife, you won’t know what speeds you will actually get until the contract is in place and the equipment is installed and up and running…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 23 February 2012 05:54 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-14

True and that is why we always mention “up to 3Mb or 8Mb"and although BT keep an eye on the quality not to fall within at least 1Mb of contracted service, the quality of the broadband connection depends on many factors which we explain on the following link: http://www.adsltenerife.com/home/faq/adsl-speed/

I hope this helps!

Fernando

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2012 01:55 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

fernando just did test on the land line you company has sing up and pay for 20mb ... 32 50 + iva ...  Download speed 0.547mb/s upload speed 0.270 mb/s
want to explan this to me and 922 been told about it thought you sells team told that could get very hight speed net ...
you wont reduce the bill and most time the net been kick off aswell , so i have put box at end line and been speed testing it ...

this a rip off again by phone companys ...

Posted: 24 February 2012 03:46 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-02-14

Hi again,

I think there is problem with how they explained things to you before singing you up, I make it very clearly what speeds can be obtained and in some instances where a client had such a bad performance it was down to a dodgy filter, so if you want send me your details I will see what I can do, one think we try to give to our expat client is help with this sort of things as with Telefonica/Movistar if you don?t speak Spanish they wont help you. So far I?ve had one client here in Tenerife which knew before swtiching over that their line was very poor but we are trying to get him some sort of compensation.

Best regards,

Signature