Living in Madrid with 1200?/month?
Posted: 09 March 2012 03:58 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-09

Hello everybody!

I am actually looking for a job, and a company made me an offer, it is about 1200?/month nett.
is it enough to live in Madrid without financial problems?
I searched for flat or house sharing and it is about 600? for a 30m? ( flat) and 400? (room) is it the normal price ( charges included)?
I am french so I will probably have to pay for the CFE as well ( french healthcare and retirement ect…)

how much should I count for public transport? About food, i eard that its less expensive than in France is it true?

this salary looks a bit low to me (compare to france) and I am afraid that I will not be able to live correctly in the capital ( living and be able to have a bit of fun aswell).

Sorry for all these classic questions but I have to give my response very soon, and I am a bit lost 😊

thanks

Posted: 14 March 2012 04:53 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-05-30

Hi there,

I’m french too, so I understand.

Yes, you can live with 1200 ?/ month (net) in Madrid - but that’s a low budget. A student can live off 800 ? on average, 1000 ? with more fiesta and travels, and if you want a studio to yourself, 1200 ? is pretty much a minimum.

Your estimates are good: 400-550 for a good room in a shared flat, 600 - 800 ? for a studio.

I recommend you read my article on the cost of living in Madrid, where you will find all the estimates to define your minimum: http://moving2madrid.com/2011/07/madrid-living-cost/

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to have a look at my blog on http://moving2madrid.com, and send me then your questions !

All the best,
Pierre - Moving2Madrid

Posted: 17 March 2012 06:17 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-09

Hi pierre,

thanks a lot!
your post about cost of life will help me a lot!
I’m moving next week, I pobably will send you some questions soon 😊
thanks

Posted: 19 March 2012 01:57 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-05-30

By the way, if you find my website useful, I would greatly apprecitate you sharing some “google +1” love 😉

Just go on moving2madrid.com and click the “google +1” button on the pages you liked, to make sure over expats find these useful posts 😊.

Thanks in advance,
All the best