Bringing American PS3 to Spain?
Posted: 18 March 2012 06:18 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-07-20

My fiance and I are moving to Spain for graduate school this summer. We will be there at least 15 months, but it could be extended.

We were considering bringing our PS3 so that we can have some connection to American video games, some blue rays we own, and regular dvds that we may bring.

It is my understanding that we can’t put Spanish games or videos into this PS3, but we were mainly thinking about using it to destress so we can play games/watch movies that we already own cheaply rather than having to buy a new game system or dvd player once in Spain.

Has anybody on the forum done this? Any issues plugging an American PS3 to a Spanish TV? Maybe we are crazy, but we don’t want to buy the system and games all over again just to be able to have some cheap entertainment since we will be broke college students. 😕

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted: 24 March 2012 10:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03
julysky87 - 18 March 2012 06:18 AM

My fiance and I are moving to Spain for graduate school this summer. We will be there at least 15 months, but it could be extended.

We were considering bringing our PS3 so that we can have some connection to American video games, some blue rays we own, and regular dvds that we may bring.

It is my understanding that we can’t put Spanish games or videos into this PS3, but we were mainly thinking about using it to destress so we can play games/watch movies that we already own cheaply rather than having to buy a new game system or dvd player once in Spain.

Has anybody on the forum done this? Any issues plugging an American PS3 to a Spanish TV? Maybe we are crazy, but we don’t want to buy the system and games all over again just to be able to have some cheap entertainment since we will be broke college students. 😕

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks!

PS3 is Dual Voltage. All you will need is a US to Schuko wall converter.
( goto PS3 wiki power if you don’t beleive )

//I can’t give the link for the wall adapters because “expat” thinks the Amazon page is spam//
So, goto Amazon.com and search for “Top Brand American To European Schuko Outlet Plug Adapter - 6 Pack”

PS3 Games are not region specific so, but; PS2 and PS1 games were Regional Specific.
IE: You can buy PS3 games in Spain and they will work.

You could still use a select few of Sellers on Amazon to ship to Spain, some only charge a few bucks for shipping.
Customs - You may slide through if you order ‘used - like new’ as EU import tax on below $50 - shouldn’t occur.

Hope this clears things up / Sorry for the late post.
DSB.