Greetings from New Jersey, U.S.A.
Posted: 04 July 2007 04:28 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-06-22

Hello all and greetings. This site has a plethora of interesting and helpful topics for us ‘noobs to Spain’ and I thank you:)
I will be in Barcelona…somewhere, in the middle of September. I have just started a book called “The Complete Guide to Learning Spanish for Dummies’ and not having such an easy go of it so far. I plan to enter a language school soon after I arrive and immerse myself in the culture, people, and language as soon as possible. I will be working for an old friend from college who is a Chiropractor, as I am. My son has just opened a tavern on MacDougal St, N.Y.C so I am free and clear for a change of life working 2 days on Passeo de Gracia and 2 days in Vilafranca. Well thats it for now:)

Posted: 05 July 2007 12:12 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2007-06-29

Hello and good luck with your new venture in Spain !!!!!!!  It is a wonderful life over here!!

Posted: 06 July 2007 01:22 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-06-22

Thanks so much Tourist:) I must say I’m frightened of what I don’t know about Spain so I’m soaking up info like a sponge.

Posted: 10 July 2007 06:48 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2007-02-25

Hey Medicine Man,

Where are you from in New Jersey?  I am also from New Jersey (have lived in Basking Ridge, Montclair, Westfield and Flemington) but have worked/lived in NYC for 7 years.  I’m moving to Barcelona in 5 weeks and working at an International School as an English teacher.  Let me know if I can help you with anything!  You will LOVE Barcelona, its the best city in the world (well…. NYC is pretty amazing, too.)

Laura

Signature 

Laura

Posted: 13 July 2007 01:45 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-06-22

Hey IB…Very nice avatar:) I live in Old Bridge, NJ which is the beginning of the NJ shore area. I just found out that I will be staying temporarily in Sitges with a friend. He has a motor scooter for me to use and am so excited to check ‘everything’ out by scooter. Let’s hope my camera doesn’t get nabbed lol…gonna play tourist for a bit, but for sure will not be wearing shorts.😊
John

Posted: 16 July 2007 09:59 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-06-22

Initially, I’ll be with a friend and his family in Sitges until I get a place:)

‹‹ Caceres      Meet people in Marbella... ››