complaints/ombudsman?
Posted: 25 April 2012 08:56 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-25

i saw from a search in the forum someone mentioning writing to the minister but that was years ago and the ministry has now changed so im not sure if it is relevant….can anyone advise whether here in spain there is like a telecommunications ombudsman or what the process is to lodge a complaint about the shocking state of internet where i live (and im not exactly in rural spain so i feel for the people that are who have problems.). Any help or if you could put me in the right direction i would be indebted.
cheers

Posted: 25 April 2012 05:32 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi, the short answer to your question is yes there is a state controlled authority governing the uses of telecomms in Spain. However, contacting them may be difficult unless you are fluent in Spanish. The website is at www.cmt.es/

Your IP address decodes to Mallorca and your ISP telefonica; have you tried contacting them directly. Their ADSL help line on 900357000 is Spanish only but their is a way around that problem (if it is a problem).

Send an email to ‘atenciononline2@telefonica.es’ detailing the precise nature of your problem and your landline phone number.

The email will need to be in Spanish but you can use google translate to translate from english. Keep sentences short and use only common usage words and terms. You will normally get a response again in Spanish within 24 hrs.

If you are certain that your computer is virus free, for example, two or three computers all suffering from the same problem when connected to the same router include this information in your email.

I am guessing that your complaint is the usual one about slow ADSL speeds; a hell of a lot depends on where your are located in respect of the nearest ADSL Centro de Distribucion. ADSL speeds drop dramatically with increasing distance due to the attenuation presented by the archaic infrastructure and copper wiring.

I have no axe to grind here its just something that I have been living with for five years. Every so often I find it necessary to email telefonica when speeds fall off to an unacceptable level. Our centro de distribucion is virtually next door but we still have far more problems than we should. It’s just a guess but in your case it might well be that an already heavily oversubscribed system on the island is being compounded by the similar situation on the mainland.

Try this link and see how it looks against your contracted rate…http://www.movistar.es/particulares/test-de-velocidad/

You could try resetting your router to see if makes a difference.

If you want to discuss further PM me. I do not represent any business or third party organisation as I said Ive been dealing with this same problem for years now!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 25 April 2012 10:03 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-25

thanks for your reply youve already helped.ill give you the rundown. i have contacted telefonica and they sent a technician who spent the day working on outside lines and junction boxes. they seem to be horrified at the state of them. what got fixed there was my internet no longer drops out if i make, receive or even the phone rings. i got so used to this problem and so sick of reporting it i had given up but these technicians saw the state of the lines and fixed this. That was my not main problem though and not what i called them out for. i work with computers so im pretty familiar with this stuff and also at the very least need a decent internet connection. im on a 6 meg plan (cant get any more) i have ,believe it or not, always received that (i know im lucky). my modem sync speed has always sat on 6016 down 640 up…..always ....if it ever dropped i would reboot modem and it returned to normal. now the problem….in the last 2 weeks the sync speed has been fluctuating like crazy down to 2000 up 4000 then down again all over the place, never at 6016 how it was always. now its all the over the place and even changes every time i reboot the modem ,it never used to ,it would always be at 6016 down.if it fluctuated wildly since i got the phone connected then id accept it ,but its always been solid up until recently. and the problem is getting worse and its frustrating as it just started happening. all i want is what ive had for the last 3 years no problems. ive complained again and asked them for an email address they said no they didnt have one ,so im so appreciative that youve given me one. i understand line attentuation and distance from exchange….however up until 2 weeks ago ive had no problem unless theyve moved the exchange?! (i doubt it). the problem i suspect is the exchange and telefonica need to pull their finger out and replace the old equipment and im prepared to complain enough until they do it, my neighbours are in an even worse predicament but they are not the complaining type like i am.i live on the island , have a business and employ spanish people in what is an economic crisis ....this archaic infrastructure is actually making me consider moving. so who best to complain to in order to get telefonica to sort their exchange out the minister or cmt?

Posted: 14 February 2017 05:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2017-02-14

Good morning, If anyone needs hep with solving these problems,
If you need legal information on your particular case, we can help you arrange all this and any other legal issues you may have. We are a legal firm of bilingual lawyers in Spain and for an annual fixed fee of only 184 euros/98 euros we can help you sort out all your legal issues! Feel free to contact us calling 902 808 900 or visit our website legallifeline.com. You can benefit from a first free consultation.
Legal Lifeline