Totally Screwed this process up!
Posted: 30 April 2012 09:13 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-04-23

Hello All,

As it turns out, the internet is not all that it claims to be.  Or else I’m incredibly stupid which very well may be the case.  I have been looking at the wrong section of the Spanish Embassy website and just found out that I need a residency VISA “before” I arrive in Spain.  Call me naive and stupid but I was under the impression that I could apply for a residency VISA once I got to Spain.  That does not appear to be the case.  And the wonderful gentleman at the Consulate also informed me that I need an FBI background check and that I have to travel to NYC to meet with a representative to go over my VISA application.  With my departure date of November 3rd looming in the not so far distance, I am incredibly depressed right now.

Mike

Posted: 30 April 2012 09:21 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

it takes weeks to get thinks pass and done in the Usa Spanish Embassy , get your skates on FAST .... you wont feel the weeks coming up ... July and Aug are none runners for spain ... bank hoidays and holidays months

Posted: 30 April 2012 09:51 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-23

Thanks for not calling me an idiot!

Mike

Posted: 30 April 2012 11:09 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Nov 3 is tight but not impossible. Just gun it.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 30 April 2012 11:53 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-23

I have to get all my document translated into Spanish for my appointment with the Spanish Consulate.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I “Googled” it and found a “translation” website that provides 24 hour turn around and “certifies” all their documents but they do everything via email (scanning).  They assured me they do work for people for Embassies all the time with no problems…what else would they say???

Thanks!

Mike (again)

Posted: 01 May 2012 12:16 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
rut42 - 30 April 2012 09:51 PM

Thanks for not calling me an idiot!

Mike

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating way .... you not its there website ...

can you keep history what happen and a timeline every think please so if any one ask we could show them you tiemline for you visa

Again you not the idiot! ... it there website

Jurdy

Posted: 01 May 2012 12:23 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-23

Be happy to and you’re too kind!

Mike