902 numbers
Posted: 09 May 2012 08:00 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-09

Hi - recently switched my landline call billing from Telefonica to a well known smaller provider in the costa blanca area. I was using a special tarriff number to dial international while being billed with telefonica - the number in question was 902599966 which was being billed at 7 cent per minute. You can imagine my horror when I received my first bill after I switched to the new provider - they were charging the 902 number at 45 cent per minute. After numerous calls to them (their customer service leaves a lot to be desired) - the only response I get is that 902 numbers are premium and are charged at a high rate, but whenever I google 902 numbers - it says they are charged at national rate. The question I keep asking them is “if they are a premium number - why does telefonica charege at 7 cent per min” .Also I have noticed that many businesses in Span use 902 as their main contact number - so at that rate - Im sure noone would be calling them. I have asked the new provider to provide me with a list of their tariffs - they have avoided sending me one thus far.
Anyone able to shed light on this - should 902’s really be such a high rate or can the provider charge what they like ?
Cheers

Posted: 10 May 2012 01:14 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

902 number have few rates , 90x xxx xxx Shared cost numbers , regulated by CMT (Comisi?n del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones). many what get on two them about your problem , need two be in spanish .... There?s a similar thing for UK users to avoid 0870 and 0845 numbers called ,

Posted: 10 May 2012 02:07 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

See this link for more info…

http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/6475/

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773