?Hola amigos!
Posted: 26 May 2012 04:55 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-05-25

Good evening everyone!
{Well, it is evening here, I apologize in advance if it's morning where you are!}

I’m a new member here, as I think this fact is already so obvious. I guess I’ll just give a short little introduction, though I don’t really know what to tell hehe. I’m a 17 year old Canadian-Bulgarian living in Canada who plans on moving to Spain within the next two to three years! Yes I know, kind of young I believe but hey, that’s my dream. Not become a millionaire, but move to another country. I miss Europe!

Anyway, I was so pleased to find this website! I have been basically reading articles and posts on here which motivated me even more to pursue my dream. Also I have a couple of questions to ask, but that will come later~

Well that’s all, thanks for the great website and have a nice day or evening to you all!

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:45 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Roma Hi…

Welcome aboard!

Before building your hopes up consider this, 51% of Spain’s 17-25 age group are unemployed and under the present economic climate things are going to get a hell of a lot worse before they get any better.

In order to get employment of any description you will need to be reasonably fluent in Spanish.

I live in a small village about 45Kms from Granada and I would estimate that around 80% of the youngsters are unemployed. Without work you cannot register for any form of Social Security and that includes access to Health services, so private health insurance is essential.

Bear all of this in mind, don’t burn any bridges, do your homework, research the situation, research, research, research.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:19 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-05-25

Thank you so much for the reply foxbat!

I am fully aware that it might be very difficult for me to go there, especially with what is going on economically speaking in Spain (and others). Research has been my best friend these days, and I plan to keep that relationship for another two years until I can see if the situation is better. If it isn’t, then I’ll complete a part of university or full in my current country first! There are still a lot of years to move there anyway!

Concerning working, that is quite hard for them I do think. Is that the reason most students and young unemployed adults currently reside with their families? Or is it only a cultural/usual thing for them. But I guess I understand this part, here we also live with our parents until we find a suitable job so our parents can get rid of us (haha!). Spanish wise I’ll study harder, but I don’t mind since I LOVE languages!

A little question though…I have a dual citizenship, from north america and the European Union…So with my citizenship of Canada, if I have to move to Spain, can I use my health insurance from Canada as a (full time/temporary) student there? Or will I have to pay for a private one?

Anyway, thank you again and I hope you have a great day/evening!