non EU cupple wanting to start small business
Posted: 08 July 2007 10:18 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-07-02

New Zealand cupple wanting info on procedure/requirement for starting a business in spain

Posted: 10 July 2007 10:33 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-05-19

In order to do business in Spain you will need to create a company first.  The steps are pretty simple to create a company as long as you do it through a “Gestor”. You will need to specify to your Gestor who the Administrator of the company will be and the kind of business you want to go into. The Gestor will then create an “Escritura” (deed) for your company which you will then have to take to a notary office to be notarized.  Depending where you are, an escritura will cost more or less ?1400.  You are also required to open a bank acount under your company’s name with an amount of ?3010.  Your company will then be registered and you will be given a CIF number. 
Good luck.

Posted: 11 July 2007 02:40 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-07-02

thanks very much…...planing on starting a small dive services business (cleaning hulls/props, replacing anodes, recovery work etc.) and think spain would be a good country to do it in, was wondering if u ( or anyone ) could shed sum light on if i set up the business how i go about trying to live in the country for more than my 90 day holiday visa that NZers get

Posted: 11 July 2007 04:03 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Kirkys,

There’s a ton of info about this on the site already. Check out the working in Spain section to begin with, especially the autonomo page.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.