Getting my British degree verified
Posted: 15 June 2012 06:08 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-01-24

Has anyone any experience of getting a British degree verified in Spain? I have sent of all my (translated) documents and have received a letter saying I need a ‘Certificate of Experience’. I believe that the spanish social security will provide anyone who works with a certificate of the jobs that they have done. But there isn’t an equivalent in the UK (that I am aware of). I did call and write to the ministry but they just wrote back repeating that I need one…

Hmm, those dodgy British degrees….

Posted: 15 June 2012 06:45 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Orlena:

Yes, but it was many years ago, I had a U.K. qualification “convalidated” in Spain.  At that time there was no requirement for the “Certificate of Experence”.

I do remember it was a very lengthy process in any case.

You might do well to consult with the Spanish Consulate in the U.K. and ascertain what kind of certificate of experience might be acceptable. I am thinking that if you get together signed documents/references from your employers to date, (and that means documents on their letterhead, and with a company stamp if they have one).  it is possible that if these documents are then notarized by a Notary Public in the U.K. that they might be acceptable as the Certificate of Experience. 

But do find out first before going to any expense. 

Speaking of notaries I have dealt many times in the past with Cheeswrights Notaries Public (London) and they are excellent as they have a Spanish department.  You can google them for contact etc.

I might add that back then I used the services of a “gestor?a” in Madrid, (Gestor?a PONS), and even so it took a long time.

All the best
Patricia

Posted: 15 June 2012 08:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Never been there, done it or got the T-shirt - but this might help

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-spain/qualifications1

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/