US Expat Living in Spain, Working for a US company, Paid in USD
Posted: 05 July 2012 02:35 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-07-05

Hi All. I’ve tried searching but haven’t been able to come up with anything to helpful.

I am a US citizen and moved to Spain and will be here for 2 years for a project with my US based company. I am paid in US dollars to my bank in the US. I am taxed in the US as if I was still living there. My paychecks have not changed since I have moved to Spain. All of my financial interests are in the US. I have a bank account here with a minimal balance to pay bills. Maximum balance it reaches is typically 1000 Euros.

How can I find out information about what my tax implications will be in Spain? Will I need to pay any kind of differential? In other words, do I need to pay taxes to the Spanish government in addition to what I am paying in the US already? I am not looking for a magical formula to calculate the exact number (unless that exists of course!), but I’d like to have a rough idea of what my tax liabilities are to the Spanish government, if any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my company has been less than helpful.

Thank you!
E

Posted: 18 August 2012 02:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-08-18

I have similar questions….please let me know if you hear of anything or get any contacts. I posted my thread on this topic this morning!

Heather

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:27 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-04

Hello!  I am in this predicament too 😊  I was googling for info on this issue this morning and I ran into this webpage that might be helpful for you.  http://erikras.com/2008/06/26/avoiding-double-taxation-between-spain-and-usa/

Good luck!