International Student Health Insurance
Posted: 13 August 2012 08:40 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-08-13

Hey guys,

I have two quick questions for you:

1)  If I’m applying for a long term student visa, do I need to have health insurance covering the entire stay? as in “364 days”?

and 2)  Anyone know any good companies?  I was with HTH Worldwide, but they’re expensive and I as looking if anyone has some better options.

I don’t have any preexisting conditions & my home country is the US.
Also I wanted to add that I am not a student in any university in my home country.

Posted: 13 August 2012 09:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-08-10

I am also interested in something cheaper than HTH…maybe World Nomads might be a possiblility for you, check out their website.  Will post if I come across a good alternative. Pn

Posted: 13 August 2012 10:06 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

if your coming two spain , you need to take out Health Insurance if your on holidays .... your company would want to be for where your are as if any claim you would have any problem , make sure that there are bonded ...

get in touch with http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Embajadas/Washington/en/MenuPpal/LaEmbajada/Paginas/The Embassy.aspx that give list what you need befor you start you travel are student visa . rule would be diffrent to each Country

jurdy

Posted: 14 August 2012 12:12 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-08-13

Thanks for the responses

meaganjack :  I checked and World Nomads is twice as expensive as HTH, but thanks for the suggestion

jurdyr: Although with a student visa you are covered in Spain, you still need health insurance to apply for a visa.  I’ve already been in Spain for 2 years and never used it once, so I’m just wondering if anyone has any good affordable recommendations.

Posted: 14 August 2012 06:56 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-08-10

Guess I need to know what you consider “cheap” insurance..what were you paying at HTH and what do you want to pay…I have come across more options but dont want to suggest if they are out of your price range

Posted: 14 August 2012 08:11 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-08-13

Well with HTH my price would be $490, with World Nomads it was $980 hehe 😊 HTH has been the best I’ve found as of now