Neighbourhoods in Madrid
Posted: 15 August 2012 08:07 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-08-15

Hello everyone.

I’m moving to Madrid next month as an MBA student at UC3M in Getafe, and would like to stay in Madrid. I’d like some advice about neighbourhoods in Madrid so I can narrow my search down. For example, I know Barcelona well so I’d narrow my search to somewhere like Eixample. However, I’ve only been to Madrid once before and stayed in the Atocha area which was a bit mixed.

Could anyone advise a neighbourhood that’s safe, central, has a youthful vibe, is a bit traditional, and overall is quite reasonably priced. I know I have quite specific criteria (!) but any suggestions at all would be much appreciated.

Gracias!

Vishal

Posted: 31 August 2012 04:42 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

sorry didnt get back two you , holiday had just kicked in , Madrid have very good student nite life .... and madrid is the big city ... becareful every where ... keep on you gurd like you do at home , as in city my ex boss relative stayed in the big SQ in Plaza Mayor , think that payed 1500 euros per month , but there was few off them like 5 , but ha thay want it and rember doing the deal for them about 4 years ago ....

night life Some of the most popular night destinations include the neighbourhoods of: Bilbao, Tribunal, Atocha, Alonso Martinez or Moncloa, together with Puerta del Sol area (including Opera and Gran Via, both adjacent to the popular square) and Huertas (barrio de Las Letras), destinations which are also filled with tourists day and night. The district of Chueca has also become a hot spot in the Madrilenian night life, especially for the gay population. Chueca is popularly known as the gay quarter, comparable to The Castro district in San Francisco.

behind Gran Via where lot spanish go clubbing ... as it cheaper and wall two wall of spanish there ..... must left the clubs there at 6 am ... still going strong

Jurdy

Posted: 01 September 2012 02:35 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-08-15

Hi Jurdy,

All useful information, thanks.

Vishal