Enroute To Spain
Posted: 18 April 2013 04:01 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-04-18

Greetings from the Sierra Nevada high desert. My wife and I plan on joining many of you in Spain as residents for probably 1 to 10 years. I’m retired and hope to enjoy the Spanish culture as well as the ocean views. My wife is younger and hopes to immerse herself in the culture as well. This website has a great deal of in depth information. We plan on visiting the areas around Barcelona for an initial view of where would be a good place to live for at least 6 months. Having lived for 3 years in Nancy, France back in the early 90’s, I truly understand it’s more gratifying to live amongst local population rather than attempting to live in “Little America.” Also during our initial visit, we’ll visit the grocery stores, furniture stores, restaurants (as you get older like me this becomes a highlight,) and government offices. I’ll also be looking into Internet, telephone, and postal services. After reading over several hundred postings by many who are just like us, knowing the Spanish laws and regulations which suit your needs can be taxing. I’m sure there are honorable attorneys in Spain who specialize in assisting newcomers. If any you have a recommendation on an attorney, please do so. In order to establish a connection with an attorney, I would appreciate an email address and phone number.

If you have any good recommendations on fun bars and restaurants in and around Barcelona, that would be a plus.

Muchas Gracias et Buenas Noches!

Don