Hi everyone :)
Posted: 07 July 2013 12:12 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-06-28

Hi everybody
I’m Katherine 😊
  I’m 31 years old.I have always had a passion for Spain and Spanish.  I learnt Spanish when I was at secondary school with a view to someday being in Spain, although I have been to lots of parts of Spain on holiday (Cantabria , Barcelona Menorca Tenerife Andaluc?a Comunitat Valenciana and Murcia) . I have also travelled to Cuenca, Castilla-la Mancha, and ?vila (Castilla y Le?n).
I originally came to Spain after I took a job at the British Council in London who had an agreement with the Consejer?a de Educaci?n (education dept)  in Madrid to give language assistant jobs to students or postgrads. I at the time was a postgrad, but a lot of my colleagues were still at University. I was lucky enough to find love and I am engaged. I’m really glad I achieved these things due to my complex physical disability of cerebral palsy hydrocephalus and being blind and a wheelchair user.

What I love about Spain is, the weather, which , in being much better than the UK, is a better climate for me, as I really don’t like the cold.  I also love how friendly people are, and basically everything about it.

After my initial job, which was at Colegio Infantil y Primaria, Pedro Duque, a combined infant- primary school where I helped teach English to children aged 3 to 12 based in the Madrid district of Vicalvaro (metro line 9) I went on to work at a Summer Camp in Cuenca, Castilla -La Mancha organised by Berlitz in Madrid. Whilst there I was in charge of teaching teenagers from age 12-15, who had a Beginner level of English. I found this really rewarding and met other teachers , some of whom had travelled from the UK and Ireland specifically to teach that Summer. We all got to know each other quite well and it was an amazing summer. I decided to stay on in Madrid after that , and am glad I did as the experiences I’ve had are unforgettable. I’ve met, and know, some amazing people.
Pleased to meet you all!
I’m hoping that my story will inspire . others and I’m here to help anybody here with anything I can
Katherine