Clear explanation of paperwork and procedure for pareja de hecho and marriage needed ASAP
Posted: 01 August 2013 03:07 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-06-28

Hi everybody.
My Spanish fiancee and I are still very confused and overwhelmed as to exactly what documents we’d need for a Civil Union (pareja de hecho) and a marriage respectively.  Also what the procedure is for each .
We’ve not decided which ceremony we want.  I’ve looked on lots of websites but nowhere expresses what you need clearly. If I need a birth certificate , does it have to be apostilled and where do I get this done? (UK or Spain)? I was born in the UK. I’m currently living in Madrid and want to marry my Spanish fianc?e here. We have an appointment at the Consulate on September 12 this year and want to get all the
right documents together in time. we want to have them together by 12 August at the latest.
Can anybody please provide me with a simple , concise list of exactly what we need in the case of civil union and in the case of marriage? I don’t want there being any unexpected surprises and us finding we haven’t given all the correct documents .

I also want to know what rights regards being here pareja de hecho would give me versus a marriage, and which gives more rights, pareja de hecho or marriage and why? . My partner is Peruvuan with Spanish nationality ,  so there’s no problems for him.
Please help ASAP, thanks in advance