Moving from Vancouver to Valencia in 1 year
Posted: 28 March 2014 03:22 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-03-06

Hi to everybody or ... should I say ‘Hola’ 😊

My name is Diana. I’m a 31 years old mom of an 8 months old little girl. My husband and I have been living in Vancouver for almost 5 years now and we are thinking of moving to Valencia this year, if possible.

Daniel, my husband, is an IT professional and my background is in office administration & social media marketing. We moved here from Romania. We are Canadian citizens but we kept the Romanian citizenship as well.

Vancouver is a beautiful city ... 3 months a year, in summer, when it doesn’t rain 😊)). The weather is terrible. no wonder everyone is depressed. Financially, we’re doing pretty good here, socially we are completely dead :(. We got to the point when we feel that life is just passing by. We can’t get used to the north-American lifestyle at all and now, that we have our little girl, we want her to live in a society with more values, to have a childhood, eat healthy food and get a good education. Ever since we came here, we found it very difficult to make friends. People are so obsessed with their jobs they don’t even bother to make time to socialize.  We never thought that living a healthy life could be a luxury. Here, it is. you have to go to special stores to buy organic food, which, obviously is extremely expensive.  Bullying and drugs are 2 very big problems. We are also very disappointed with the medical system. It’s all about the money. Anyway, there’s a lot to tell. Bottom line, we don’t want to live here anymore. We need a change for us and our little girl. We did some research about Valencia and we could definitely see our little girl grow up there. I forgot to mention that I am fluent in Spanish but not at a business level (and not so good in writing). Daniel, on the other hand, doesn’t speak a word of it, but he does understand it.

Could you give us some feedback?  How did this work for your family? What would be your advice in regards to our decision? How should we best prepare for this move?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I look forward to your reply. Wishing you and your family all the best!

Muchas gracias! Besos y abrazos a todos 😉