Spanish (Spain) Freelance/self-employed Aut?nomo visa for NON EU (New Zealander) as a contractor invoicing Spanish company
Posted: 12 June 2015 06:25 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-06-12

Hi

I would like to find out about applying for a Spanish Freelance/self-employed visa - independent professionals (profesionales autonomos) visa.

I am a New Zealand passport holder with 10 years+ experience working in the marketing and finance field. I am 34 and have been speaking to an international Spanish company based in Madrid who has agreed to hire me on a freelancer/contract basis where I am to invoice them for the work I do each month (standard 40 hour week full time in Madrid etc). The company does not want to offer sponsorship (but they require that I be in the office where possible rather than work remotely).

I wish to find out what the procedure is to obtain an Aut?nomo visa for Spain as a Non EU citizen (what information I need to provide, what forms, cost, I think I don’t need to hire an employee likea business etc) and what expenses I will need to consider each month (I know I have to pay a certain social security amount, VAT, taxes etc each month).

Has any one done this and how easy/hard is it?
How long does it it?
I am having trouble finding out more information about it.

Or should I be looking at a different visa all together.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

May