visa requirements advice, please!
Posted: 19 July 2015 05:12 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-07-19

Hi there

Need a little help on this subject as I have read numerous forums and also perused the Spanish consulate site in London, but still a little confused on the whole process… So a little background on us:

We are a married couple from Australia, married 5 years ago (in Australia) and hold a certified marriage certificate (from Australia). We have both been living and working in the UK for almost 4 years. I (the wife) is Australian citizen only, and I hold a Residence Card (Family of an EEA national) issued by UKBA in 2014. My husband holds dual citizenship - Australian & Spanish. Hubby has passports for AU and Spain. He was born in Spain but they moved to Australia back in the 1980’s so he doesn’t have a NIE, just the Spanish passport. He will have a job and contract of work by the time we move there.

Now we want to move to Barcelona in early 2016. I know, being the Australian citizen that I will need a Visa to be able to legally reside and work in Barca for more than 90 days. So here’s my understanding and would appreciate for someone to confirm or correct me please:
1. We move to Barcelona first;
2. Husband to obtain NIE;
3. Me apply within 90 days or arrival for the Visados de Reagrupaci?n Familiar in Spain through the Spanish consulate.

Is my understanding correct? Or should we be doing all of the above before we move to Barca?

Thank you - Mae