Moving to Spain from Poland
Posted: 13 August 2015 10:41 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-08-13

Hi all,

Recently I got the idea of moving to Spain (having visited BCN last year). I know expat life very well, since I lived in various corners of the world. Would you believe then I had never been to Spain until 2014 ? :D

Anyways. I got a few questions regarding moving to Spain.

1. How much would I need to survive? I do freelance work for a few Polish companies which gives me aroudn 2000 EUR/month. Would that be enough to survive in Barcelona? I have to say that I used to be an ESL teacher as well (for instance, at http://www.speak-up.com/) so English mentoring is not a problem. How big is the demand for non-native mentoring in Spain?
2. Would I survive speaking little Spanish only? 😊 I realize it’s a simple language and I’d probably quickly get to grips with it but in the early days of my stay, this could be a little problematic.
3. Cars. Does it make sense to bring my car over to SPain from Poland? I got a Spanish car (Seat Leon 2003) and it’s in good condition so I thought it might be a good idea. Or is it better to buy one when in SPain? I have to say that I love traveling so having a car is a must.
4. Work permits. Do I have to have any working as a freelancer?

So many questions…sorry for this long write-up 😊  Anyways, thanks for reading.