Good salary in Madrid
Posted: 10 August 2007 06:21 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-10

I’m an IT engineer with PMP, SAP FICO and ITIL certifications.

I’m being offered a job in Madrid but I don’t know how much to ask. I have a good living here in Costa Rica (Car, house, travel) but I’m tempted by this oportunity.

Obviously I want to have an income that can fulfill my current life style with the advantage of working in Europe.

TIA

Posted: 10 August 2007 06:54 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2007-07-04

Well PMP is not worth as much in Europe as it is in The Americas.  But your saving grace is SAP.  Obviously this depends on your experience but individuals with SAP are well sought after in Europe.  If I were you I would look at some of the on-line IT recruitment agencies and see what they?re offering for someone with your experience.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2007 08:52 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2007-08-18

A close friend of mine is in IT and he left Spain because the salaries offered here were quite low.  There is also the issue of the contract they offer you.  Most places dont offer you unlimited employment but a contract that may be project based or for a year or so…after the contract is up you may find yourself without a job.  So get all the details up front.  If it is an international company I would feel a bit more comfortable.

Posted: 04 December 2007 06:06 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-12-04

I suggest you to look in http://www.infojobs.net and see how much do they offer. See if the wages offered match your standards.

Posted: 04 December 2007 06:45 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Some friends of mine run a small IT firm and they pay their well experienced IT guys 50k euro and they think that is a good salary for a spanish person fluent in English with a high standard of IT skill, they normally give perm contracts - even a perm contract will often have 3-6 month probation/temporary period after which the contract will become permanent.

I wouldn’t leave Costa Rica for any amount of money if i was living there!

Hope this helps.

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com