Padronamiento Issues
Posted: 22 March 2016 03:27 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-03-08

Hi,

I moved to Madrid a few months ago from Ireland. I moved into a new apartment with a few local guys in December and got my temporary NIE and SSN which I needed for a job that I started in February.

Before I started the job I had been down to my local Ayuntamiento office in Moncloa to apply for residency.

I don’t have a rental contract or bills in my name as all of that goes through the main guy in the house who liaises with the landlord.

He entered his details on the relevant section of the form and also gave me copies of his NIE and passport which he told me was enough.

I was rejected on visit 1 as they said they needed a recent rent payment and bill in his name.

A week later I went back with the two items and got rejected again as they said they needed a rental contract in his name as well as the two items mentioned above and the other items (my details, signed form etc.).

I put it on the long finger for a month but now have booked another appointment for next week. This time around I have to take time off work so I’m not very keen on getting turned away a 3rd time.

This is what I have (bear in mind I cannot get the rental contract in my name):

1. Filled out form with my details and my flatmates details
2. His NIE and passport (copies)
3. My NIE and passport

For proof of address I have:

1. Rental contract or Manifiesta signed by landlord with my flatmates name as one of the tenants
2. Banco Santandar payment slip for Feb 2016 rent with my flatmates name as the payer
3. Confirmation slip for my bank debit card with my name and address on it (dated last month)
4. Phone bill with my flatmates name from Feb

If I get turned away this time, I don’t know what I’ll do as I cannot get them anymore than that.

Anyone ever find themselves in this situation, it’s so frustrating!

Any advice….....