Married couple both being Autonomo (self-employed)
Posted: 20 August 2007 01:26 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-08-20

Hi

Both my Wife and myself want to set ourselves up as autonomo - different professions though.

1. Do we both then need to pay the ?225 social security payment each month twice? This would be annoying as if it were just myself then she would get medical cover on my payment.

2. Are there any savings to be made because we are a couple or can I assume that everything is doubled up?

3. I assume that we will then also have separate numbers for IVA purposes??

Any help and advice appreciated.

I am in the Alicante area

Thanks.

Posted: 25 August 2007 02:10 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

You could set up one of you and just provide invoices for both services surely.
Or set up a proper company.

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 23 September 2007 02:01 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-08-20

I have had a long discussion with a tax adviser and the sad news is that the ?238 has to be paid each! Also, all tax adviser costs are double too.

Posted: 23 September 2007 01:12 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

These payments are not exclusively for national health cover it is also your pension contributions as well. There is also another option apart from an SL company (Ltd company) and that is Modulo which many bars work on.

The tax system here is generally a lot more beneficial in terms of allowances (ie for mortgages) than the UK system so you should not be a lot worse off if you get a good gestoria and claim all of the allowances.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 23 September 2007 01:30 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-08-20

Hi

Thanks

The Modulos system is no good though for my wife as it is calculated in part on square metres of the shop and the capacity (potencia) of the electricity supply! The higher the kWh potential the higher the tax. Given that the locale does not have a meter (it gets its electricity from a shared meter (with the downstairs locale) this means that she would likely be unable to use Modulos.

Thanks again for your comment.