UK ELECTRICAL ITEMS IN SPAIN
Posted: 21 August 2007 12:05 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-02-13

Hi

Have been told that we can bring all our electrical goods over to Spain with us when we relocate apart from TV’s which dont work, is this information correct ?  Thanks

Tezza

Posted: 21 August 2007 12:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Yes you can - you will obviously have to change the plugs and the washing machines dont have a hot fill over here. Many new (and some resales) properties are sold with furniture and white goods included.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 21 August 2007 12:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-13

Thanks Rob, we’re in the process of putting all our stuff into storage for now and wont get it shipped over unless we need to incase we do buy somewhere furnished.  Is it true that televisions loose there sound when you try to use them in Spain? 

Tezza

Posted: 21 August 2007 02:59 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-27

English TVs cant receive Spanish language! Only joking - there can be technical problems I think the way around it is via a vid player but to save complications buy a new Spanish TV.

Whilst we are talking about shipping goods - many NEW properties are sold in this area (Costa Blanca) fully furnished including white goods. If they are sold unfurnished then you can buy furniture packages - one stop shopping -  prices include delivery and installation.

We all have budgets to work to so shipping the UK furniture might seem like a good idea but to be honest we always recommend buying new here in Spain then all the white goods have Spanish guarantees (and the right plugs etc) and you can get them fixed easier if they go wrong. By the time you have the shipping costs, potential delays and possible breakages its worth thinking about.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl

Posted: 21 August 2007 03:17 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-13

mmmm, I know what you mean, we’ve been umming and arring about bringing our stuff with us already, a rethink might be in order .  Tezza

Posted: 21 August 2007 03:39 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-27

Yeah I have been there! (many years ago) I did car boots, auctions, give aways to family and friends getting rid of unessentials or no use in Spain items (a few things I got wrong - should have kept my binoculars - very exotic birds on the salt lakes - the feathered kind). It was great opportunity to start again totally afresh!!

Dont throw away the Fleeces it is cooler in January!

Another point I meant to mention to people thinking of renting…..........if you are planning on renting here you will probably find it difficult to rent UNfurnished - so then what do you do with all that stuff you shipped over ??

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl

Posted: 22 August 2007 10:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-02-13

Hi Rob, yes I noticed that all the rentals id seen were fully furnished so I think we’ll leave all our stuff in storage here and decide what to do later on.  And I will definately NOT be bringing out fleece jackets, I refuse!!!!!! lol