help english tv
Posted: 28 August 2007 10:40 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-28

hi, we are new here and need some help on getting digital t.v. we don’t want to have to pay every month as we are not there all the time, is there something like the freeview that you get in england that you plug in and can use only when we are there. we are in the LA REGIA AREA NEAR MURCIA.
i have not got a clue, i do know we cant use thr freeview box here.
Hope someone can help. thnks for taking the time to read this.

Posted: 12 September 2007 05:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-09-12

There are no regular English television channels in Spain, on digital or not.

The only way I can think of would be to have a Sky dish fitted and get a Sky freeview card, which is a one-off payment of about ?20. Of course you will also need a Sky decoder.

Posted: 21 September 2007 07:53 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

You look to be on an Urbanisatin near Campomar, I think that the local retransmit services cover that area very well. There is a deal on that you can get it so you only pay when you view, its about 450? to install, and you phone up when you arrive and they authorise you for the period you want, I saw it advertised I think in the CB News.

if you dont want BBC1/ITV you can get quite a few of the free to air english channels on Astra 2 @ 28.2E, you can buy a complete satellite kit from say Leroy Merlin or Carrefour for about 120/130, (80cm Dish), nb Buy the biggest dish you can get.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 21 September 2007 08:58 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-09-21

Hi there,
on the subject of uk free to air programmes, I came accross a system for sale in Carrefour called “Metronic” it advertises on the outside of the box , all in english, that you can get all the BBC, all the Itv channels, via the hotbird Satellite, and all the free to air chanells,I think the price was around E150, does anyone else know anything about this system

Posted: 22 September 2007 07:29 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-11
mikem1946 - 21 September 2007 08:58 PM

Hi there,
on the subject of uk free to air programmes, I came accross a system for sale in Carrefour called “Metronic” it advertises on the outside of the box , all in english, that you can get all the BBC, all the Itv channels, via the hotbird Satellite, and all the free to air chanells,I think the price was around E150, does anyone else know anything about this system

Yep you can get all the Free to Air channels(Astra28.2E) using that Box, you will not got BBC1 and ITV’s etc on Hotbird (13.0E) as these channels at this time are on the Astra 2 system.  also you will need an appropriate size dish for your area, IE
for CB generally you will need at least a 1.8M or maybe in some areas a 2.4M (NB you will not get the SKY FTV channels on this Digibox as you will need a SKY FTV card also,which only works in a SKY box) in Some areas you can get by with a 1.2m or 1.3M offset. all depends where you are!!

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 27 October 2007 11:57 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-10-26

Jaycee60 said:

Hi. I`ve noticed that you haven`t mentioned the Micro-Wave system for English television.

Hello all,
does anyone know how this is working e.g. what I need to have to receive English television?
Thanks,
Dietmar (Denia)

Posted: 28 October 2007 12:24 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-11
nizzo - 30 September 2007 08:43 PM

We got a 1.2M dish with a German decoder box - pointed it at Astra/Astra2 and we get loads (1oo’s) of channels.
inc BBC 1, 2, 3, 4; ITV 1 ,2, 3; and loads more..
But no Ch4 or 5 & no SKY stuff (except SKY news).
More than adequate - 400-500? give or take (depending on your area).

What you get on the Costa Blanca on 28.2E is very much dependent on dish size, and the area you live in
For example in Abanilla Murcia, a 2.4M will get BBC2 intermittently, whereas just 80KMS south at Pliego/lorca the reception is perfectly good on a 1,8m.  I have a 2,.4M near Pinoso and only get BBC2 in the evenings, with some of the movie channels breaking up around 6pm and late at night!!.

The ” the microwave systems” are pretty much limited to costal areas with high density urb, although there are some inland areas covered also.  You will need to subscribe to the provider of these systems as the transmissions are encoded.
I believe(I dont KNOW) these systems are broadcasting on illegal frequencies and if that is the case this could be problematic in the future.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 29 November 2007 01:23 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-01
essexshell - 28 August 2007 10:40 PM

hi, we are new here and need some help on getting digital t.v. we don’t want to have to pay every month as we are not there all the time, is there something like the freeview that you get in england that you plug in and can use only when we are there. we are in the LA REGIA AREA NEAR MURCIA.
i have not got a clue, i do know we cant use thr freeview box here.
Hope someone can help. thnks for taking the time to read this.

Hello there is a website called http://www.skydigitalboxes.com  i found them to be the cheapest they supply skydigital receivers with cards and warranty for as little as ?50.00 pounds ,regards keith.