Torrevieja
Posted: 29 August 2007 02:03 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-08-13

Hi
Is central Torrevieja a good place to open a cafe/bar? would it provide sufficent income to pay a rent of 103400? for the cafe/bar.
Can anyone who is running a retail bussiness or cafe/bar tell me if bussiness is good at present?

Posted: 29 August 2007 02:21 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

It’s full of cafes and bars and very quiet in the winter.
I wouldn’t want to live there either.
Do some research on the area.

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 15 October 2007 11:48 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-06-08
flanny - 29 August 2007 02:03 AM

Hi
Is central Torrevieja a good place to open a cafe/bar? would it provide sufficent income to pay a rent of 103400? for the cafe/bar.
Can anyone who is running a retail bussiness or cafe/bar tell me if bussiness is good at present?

Having a bar is not easy.
Serving spanish clientele, you will need a kitchen with at least the regular tapas/bocadillos.
And, although it seems that the spanish drink a lot, the truth is some what dissapointing for a bar owner.

I am not sure what your rent really is (a assume ?1034?), this would roughly mean you will have to do a turnover of ?3000 euros a month. Anything more then that is the money you make. Electricity etc etc is paid for then.

On the good side, your providers pay for all the equipment. (coffee machine, beertaps, fridges etc. etc.)

But first of all, go to the ayuntomiento, and ask about ol denuncios, which licensing possibilities you have for this building etc etc.
on?t get fooled by “no te preocupes”. Lately the main reason for selling a bar bussiness is because the laws/rules have changed drasticly lately. It good be possible the former owner had to do soundproofing etc etc to keep the place going.
Also make sure your contracts are all look into by a lawyer.

Posted: 10 March 2008 01:33 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2008-03-08

If you’ve not yet come over then I suggest you do so to scout around, especially on the area.  While theres a huge amount of ex pats in Torrevieja, its not the nicest place in the world to live, and while everyone has the dream of running a bar in Spain, the reality doesn’t always live up to the dream.

At the moment all up and down the Costa Blanca theres a huge amount of bars for sale.  Ones on the coast rely on seasonal trade, so you need a good business head on you, to put money away in the busier months for when the quiet months (like Jan and Feb come along).  You also need one which will have other means of pulling people in, like darts, snooker, karaoke, live music, pub quizzes etc, to make sure you can keep the people who live there coming in on a regular basis.

You might be better off looking somewhere not so reliant on tourists….I’m sure your rent can’t be what you typed…and I’d also HIGHLY recommend you leanr spanish, even though your clientele might be english, the suppliers will appreciate you making the effort, and you’ll have the technicalities of the license etc to sort out.

Signature 

http://www.spanishtownhouseforsale.piczo.com