mechanics job ????????????
Posted: 08 September 2007 02:01 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-08

My husband and I are going through the thought prosses of relocating our young family to Spain. We are looking around the Costa area’s up to Alicante haven’t settled on one area yet due to finding work and schools. My husband is a Mechanic he currently works for Ford where he is a highly thought of Transit technician although he does do cars aswell. We have searched and searched the internet for mechanic jobs in Spain but nothing seems to be brought up but when we go to these ‘Come to live in Spain’ exebitions they tell us they are crying out for people like my husband. Could somebody please tell us are we searching with the wrong words is there work over there for him????????????? He has been doing this job practically all his life due to his dad having a scrap yard so he’s been brought up mending cars I know he’s good at his job and he will get a good report from his employers who don’t want him to go but like you we need a better life especially for our children.

Posted: 08 September 2007 05:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I have heard of fully qualified UK mechanics being given jobs by the main dealers but they insist they undergo intensive Spanish language courses. I dont think you will find a lot of jobs on the net because they will be advertised on Spanish sites or more probably in local Spanish papers.

In theCosta Blanca area there are some English owned garages - another option and I dont know the rates but they will be less than UK because cost of living is much lower - I use a main dealer for servicing and only pay around 16 pds per hour.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 08 September 2007 09:26 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

Don’t believe what they tell you at the exhibitions, they are only after getting you on a viewing trip.
Finding work here is not easy even with a good trade and you would definately need to learn the lingo.

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 09 September 2007 12:16 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-08

Thanks….............. we are learning the language (well trying very hard the children as usual pick it up much better) we where told my husband would need to speak Spanish in order to get on in the motor trade over there. I think I will have to start searching out the dealers and see if they have any jobs going….............. if anyone out there knows of any dealers who need a good mechanic who’s not affraid of work please let us know ...................Thanks

Posted: 09 September 2007 01:50 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

You will find that no one will even consider you for work until you are actually living here.
My husband did alot of emailing before we moved and was given the same line from all of them
” Contact us when you are living here “

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com