Renewing UK passport.
Posted: 19 September 2007 11:27 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-07-10

I have printed the forms from the British Embassy website to renew my passport but am stuck with the problem of getting my photograph signed. I have only been in Spain for 4 months so I haven’t known anyone for two years.

I don’t really want to go back to the UK just to renew my passport so can anyone tell me if the embassy really checks whether the person who signs the photographs has known the person for two years? Also would a business owner be considered of high enough standing to sign?

Thanks.

Andy, Cambrils.

Posted: 20 September 2007 10:23 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2007-08-18
Kashmir - 19 September 2007 11:27 PM

I have printed the forms from the British Embassy website to renew my passport but am stuck with the problem of getting my photograph signed. I have only been in Spain for 4 months so I haven’t known anyone for two years.

I don’t really want to go back to the UK just to renew my passport so can anyone tell me if the embassy really checks whether the person who signs the photographs has known the person for two years? Also would a business owner be considered of high enough standing to sign?

Thanks.

Andy, Cambrils.

Maybe a Notario can sign.

Posted: 20 September 2007 04:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-10

Hmmm, I hadn’t thought about that. I’ll see if I can find one locally. Thanks.

If that doesn’t pan out though has anyone else any suggestions?

Posted: 21 September 2007 07:13 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-01-25

Hi Andy

I have exactly the same problem, I would be grateful if you could let me know what you do. I’ve just called the Embassy here in Palma but they are closed so will try again on Monday.

Simon

Posted: 27 September 2007 03:25 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-10

Hi Simon,

Did you make your call to the embassy? What advice did they give if you don’t mind me asking?

I decided that my only solution was to post a picture back to England and have it signed by my old family doctor.

Let me know if you found a better solution.

Posted: 27 September 2007 08:55 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-01-25

Hi Andy

Yes I did call them and the person has to have known you for two years. So I am doing the same as you, posting a photo back to England!

Simon