< 1 2
2 of 2
No teaching experience or college. What are my chances?
Posted: 09 June 2009 12:26 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-07

Please realise that at the moment the situation in Spain is the same as that in the rest of Europe and America - there are very few jobs available.  University graduates who might have gone into industry in the past are now entering teaching so there is a surfit of teachers.

There are very few jobs in Spain - the tourist trade is not the best at the moment as the British are not taking the number of breaks abroad they have in the past. 

If you can find work in America then please do so - if not extend your education and get the appropriate qualifications to be a teacher.  Don’t think - its OK to teach English because I can speak English - it’s not.  You speak American English and that is not good enough for the Spanish children you will be teaching - they deserve the best - Qualified English Language Teachers.

Tourists most welcome - otherwise - stay in your own country until after the recession.

Posted: 09 June 2009 02:30 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

So that why the spanish kids are shipped to uk and Ireland for the Summer to learn the English Language .
jurdy

Posted: 14 June 2009 01:31 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2009-05-27

I for one am not going to let a recession dictate my life decisions. First of all, it’s hard for Americans to find jobs in the US right now if they’re not highly competitive/desirable workers. But those who put in the effort are still doing OK.  Of course going to a new country is going to make things harder than at home. But that’s always true. The question is: Are you up for the challenges you are bound to face? I personally believe if you’re smart and motivated you can make it work for you. You only live once. If you think moving to Spain will make you happy or fulfill you in some way, I say do it!  I wouldn’t base your decision on economic trends. You can determine your own destiny. If you’re willing to work to get want you want, you can do it.

Posted: 06 July 2010 08:58 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2010-07-05

I agree with Sally here…sometimes in life you just have to walk out onto that plank to see what happens! You may like it there or it may dump you into the water, but either way, at least you will know. Much better than wondering for the rest of your life ” gee, what would have happened if I had tried that?”

I say prepare yourself as much as possible, go in with your eyes wide open…but go in hard and determined.

Maybe thats just my personality, I don’t know, but it is how I have lived my life and I have always had a roof over my head and food on the table and firmly believe if a person is willing to work their ass off to make something work, it will work! LOL

...or maybe I just killed off too many brain cells in my youth…who knows…hahaha

Signature 

no more snow…let’s all say it together now…NO MORE SNOW!

< 1 2
2 of 2