Which provider to go with?
Posted: 05 October 2007 04:06 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2007-06-08

Hi there,
The time has come to change my i’net provider from telefonica…

But which one to choose? I’m leaning towards Orange for no reason.

Does someone have any experiences with the others besides telefonica?

Posted: 05 December 2007 08:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-12-05

I have recently signed up with a company called Citrus Red. Europa say they are the cheapest in Spain but Citrus Red are cheaper still !!
ADSL is 29,50 per month and you get free calls to all Spanish landlines 24/7. You can call the UK landline for 1.9 cents per minute off peak rate and their peak time rate is still cheaper than Europa at 3.25 cents per minute and like Europa there are no connection fees on all calls. Citrus Red can also issue a UK number to your phone here in Spain so friends and family can call you here for 2.5 pence per minute. The service is great too as they are all English !! I have a number for the sales rep - 666 721 444. Give him a call !!

Posted: 07 December 2007 03:37 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Thanks for this post. Could be the solution my parents are looking for as they’ve had little success through any provider so far.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 07 December 2007 03:44 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-25

Although maybe not heh…

The satellite broadband is from ?24.99 a month, which is fine, but for installation & equipment it’s ?1,499

I think my folks would prefer to wait until the infrastructure improves 😉

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2007 04:44 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-05

Hi Heath1974,

My comments above was a reply to the posting by Vetlel and based upon already having a phoneline installed that Citrus Red can ‘take over’.
Yes I quite agree 1,499 for the equipment for the Satellite internet system is quite expensive, but many people have no other option as Telefonica are just not interested in installing phone lines to some ‘El Campo’ areas.
Another possible solution is - There maybe a Wireless netork available in the area, as more and more are comming up all the time.
With regards,
Edd

Posted: 07 December 2007 10:59 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-25
Edd - 07 December 2007 04:44 PM

Hi Heath1974,
as Telefonica are just not interested in installing phone lines to some ‘El Campo’ areas.

Very true, although they are in breach of European law, they’re not bothered. They know people won’t legally tackle them as the system takes too long.

Signature 

Posted: 08 December 2007 03:05 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-05

Hi Heath1974,
Citrus Red are a Spanish registered company, I don’t see how they can be breaching any laws. Please explain ??

Posted: 10 December 2007 02:40 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-25

Sorry, don’t think you saw my “quote” link - was referring to Telefonica, as it’s common they often refuse to install new systems in “campo” properties - was not reference to Citrus Red. 😊

Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2007 02:56 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-05

Ah yes, quite right, I didn’t refer to your ‘quote link’, my mistake, apologies.
I?m new at this forum business, don?t even know how to change ?tourist? to ?expatriate? under my name, have looked in ?edit profile? but cant seem to find it, never mind it?s the text that?s important.

Anyway, I have also found a UK number for the Citrus Red agent, if there are any people in the UK want to make enquiries.

Spain number ? 666 721 444
UK number - 0844 598 6141

Regards,

Edd

Posted: 10 December 2007 11:15 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Edd: the Tourist/Expatriator statuses are determined by the number of posts one makes on the forums. The more posts, the better your status.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 12 December 2007 11:21 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-05

Ahhhh, thanks Mr Administrator. I will just have to post more.
Regards,
Edd