Advertising for Alpujarra holiday rentals
Posted: 09 October 2007 12:25 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

Hi, Do you own property for rent in the Alpujarra area of Granada or Almeria provinces?  I’m looking to set up a holiday website covering the Alpujarra, and I want to canvas opinion. As well as listings for self-catering property, it will contain interesting editorial, with maps, history, walking, riding, gastronomy, wildlife - as well as lots of key words to help search engines find the site, and regularly updated articles and pictures to get repeat visits. (At the moment with the main rental directories you have to “drill down” through Europe-Spain-Andalucia-Granada or whatever, whereas I’d be attracting people who actively want to know more about the Alpujarra and, probably, book a holiday rental there.) It will be bilingual in English and Spanish, perhaps with Dutch and other languages added later. I will charge a commission on bookings, but otherwise it should be free for property owners. Naturally it would not be exclusive - you’d be free to advertise and get bookings anywhere else as well as long as we have a shared calendar to avoid clashes. 

I’ll also be looking for other businesses - riding stables, restaurants, shops, flights, car hire - to advertise on a fee or commission basis. If you think it’s a service you might use, let me know and I will keep you informed if and when it gets off the ground.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com