British terrestrial TV programs coming to Spain for free
Posted: 10 November 2007 06:01 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-06

According to an article recently published on the http://www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk website, the EU have come down in favor of the petition brought by said site, concerning this matter, and we should be getting free British TV in 2008.
I’m new to this forum game therefor are unsure if this post is diplomatic, but if it is indeed OK can I encourage people to sign up it’s only that the more they can say they are representing when taking on the EU or the British Government, the better.

Posted: 03 January 2008 05:20 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-03

Before this happens you can get free english programs now! go get a tdt box from about 30e make sure you have a digital aerial first. then you can watch loads of spanish channels in english! this also works on uk tv’s as well. you can get loads of channels but does depaent on your area. we get about 12 at the mo, but more are coming each week. try it, no monthly charges either.

Posted: 08 January 2008 10:19 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
rfallen - 10 November 2007 06:01 PM

According to an article recently published on the http://www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk website, the EU have come down in favor of the petition brought by said site, concerning this matter, and we should be getting free British TV in 2008.
I’m new to this forum game therefor are unsure if this post is diplomatic, but if it is indeed OK can I encourage people to sign up it’s only that the more they can say they are representing when taking on the EU or the British Government, the better.

It is unlikely to be TDT as the sheer cost involved to cover all the EU would be prohibitive, however if it comes to fruition it would probably mean that the signal strengths on the Astra satellites will be normalised as with other countries, giving free access generally to the EU broadcast area,

Signature 

Mike

‹‹ Web standards      Telefonica broadband ››