Spain company name and “DBA” name
Posted: 01 December 2007 02:04 AM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2007-07-05

I am planning on forming a company in Spain. I am wondering about the name I would give the company.

Can I form the company giving it a generic name? Example, XYZ123 SL? But use a different name for the clients? i.e. a “Doing Business As” name which could be something more specific to the type of business. Example XYZ Foods, XYZ Travel or whatever.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Posted: 01 December 2007 04:22 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I think you can call your company what you like - but there is a but!

The process of registration for an S.L. company (Sociedad Limitada - UK eqivalent = Limited Company Ltd.) involves you giving 3 name options. They will check the register and if the name is in use and has been registered you cannot duplicate it. So they will then check your 2nd option and so on.

You will need professional advice and help to setup and then run an SL company via a gestoria. You need to understand the pros and cons of this as there are other options autonomo and modulo - (as always) do some more research - lots of info on this site.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 01 December 2007 06:19 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

I think ROBI has pretty much covered it there and a gestoria is definately a must. As he said, there’s also plenty of additional info on this site.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 01 December 2007 11:52 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Specifically: start a business in Spain, types of entities, and more soon. 😊

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 05 December 2007 03:55 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-12-04
Adrian - 01 December 2007 02:04 AM

I am planning on forming a company in Spain. I am wondering about the name I would give the company.

Can I form the company giving it a generic name? Example, XYZ123 SL? But use a different name for the clients? i.e. a “Doing Business As” name which could be something more specific to the type of business. Example XYZ Foods, XYZ Travel or whatever.

Anyone know?

Thanks

You can make the reservation of the name yourself in the Registro Mercantil Central website. You can pay online and do the whole process in English http://www.rmc.es
If you are in Madrid, you can reserve your favourite name yourself in their headquarters of Principe de Vergara, 94 (Secci?n de Denominaciones) very easily.