I want to start my own business
Posted: 27 September 2006 01:18 AM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-09-27

Hi Everyone, this is my first posting.

I am looking for some information about declaring myself as self employed. I want to do everything the proper and legal way.

My family and i have integrated really well in the local community, and we have lived here nearly 2 and a half years. Many of the local people are asking how they can sell some property. I dont really want to call myself an estate agent, more of an advertising service, and take clients to look at properties, because obviously most Brits dont speak Spanish. For this service the seller will pay me for my time and expenses.

A local Gestor here, has told me that to sell property, i would now have to take exams etc.
I find this hard to believe, as almost every week on the internet i find new “English estate agents”. Are they just doing their own thing and not declaring anything?

Does anyone know any different.

Many thanks.

Jools

Posted: 06 October 2006 08:10 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

To legally sell houses in this country you must have a fully registered and legal company - Sociedad Limitada (SL) this is because your commissions to either builders (new houses) or sellers for second hand must include IVA (Spanish VAT). There is a professional organisation for agents and for membership exams are necessary. Many Brits dabble in selling houses not realising the legal implications and obligations to their clients - if things go wrong ie you sell an illegal house beware! If you are talking merely of the odd introduction of one friend (selling) to another (buying) and it is not a business as such then you are probably OK.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 29 January 2007 09:08 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2006-09-27

Yes, everything is fine, thanks.