Retirement Visa
Posted: 12 December 2007 09:16 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-12-12

I am interested in retiring in Spain. I am self-supported. In all my inquries about visa requirements, I get a list of documents required for the application. That does not give me any idea or understanding of the probablilities of acceptance or rejection. In other words, provided all documentation is in order, then is it only a matter of time before I get the visa? Or are there circumstances that after a long wait I get rejected?

Posted: 12 December 2007 11:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Unfortunately there are no guarantees unless you’re very wealthy. In which case you may not even need a visa or you’d just get your lawyer to handle it for you.

Of course some people are rejected, but usually that’s because they try to do it themselves.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

‹‹ ADVICE ON WAGE RATES      changing visas ››