Sky cards in Spain
Posted: 18 December 2007 11:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-12-18

Hi All

Grateful if anybody can give me information.

a) Are Sky able to identify the location of where one of their cards is being used? This just when the card is in use and when they have no reason to believe it is eing used outside of the UK.

b) If Sky were informed that a card, given its number, user name, address, or contract number would they then be able to confirm that it was being used outside of the UK?

Many thanks

Roger

Posted: 19 December 2007 12:53 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

The short answer is No, there is no way they can identify where the card is (at this time). however if you have entered into a contract with SKY in the Uk and as part of that contract you are supposed to have it connected to a landline, they can identify that you are not connected tothe landline and may disable the card.
It is important that you do not contact sky from a non UK Tel No and try discuss either the card or the Sky box with them, as then they could conceivably assume that the card is not in the UK and disable it.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 19 December 2007 10:59 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-18

Hi Mike

Many thanks for your reply to my message.

Today discovered the problem.  Sky claim to have a letter saying we had moved to Spain!

Regards

Roger

Posted: 19 December 2007 11:58 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11
roger1941 - 19 December 2007 10:59 PM

Hi Mike

Today discovered the problem.  Sky claim to have a letter saying we had moved to Spain!

Regards

Roger

Hmm, If your living in Spain, you wont be able to retrieve that situation without some pretty nifty footwork,  Your best bet now would be to get a new setup under another name, UK address, new mothers maiden name, DOB, colour of socks, last time your met anybody with blonde hair, numbers of all bank accounts held in your name since the crusades,  copy of your greatgrandfathers birth certificate, and certified letter from your GP insisting that you are still alive,sane and well, and living in a two up two down in maidstone.

Good luck!!!!

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 22 December 2007 07:24 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
mike48t - 19 December 2007 11:58 PM
roger1941 - 19 December 2007 10:59 PM

Hi Mike

Regards

Roger

Hmm, If your living in Spain, you wont be able to retrieve that situation without some pretty nifty footwork,  Your best bet now would be to get a new setup under another name, UK address, new mothers maiden name, DOB, colour of socks, last time your met anybody with blonde hair, numbers of all bank accounts held in your name since the crusades,  copy of your greatgrandfathers birth certificate, and certified letter from your GP insisting that you are still alive,sane and well, and living in a two up two down in maidstone.

Good luck!!!!

sky are bullsh1te dont ring them from a non uk phone are cell as if thay ring it back thay know you away
ha get the crack card it works and i have one ..... have the mmds box works aswell dont pay a penny
D+ aswell fine it lot better then the sly package
jurdy

Posted: 22 December 2007 08:14 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-12-18

Hi Mike.
No problem with most of the information you mention but we are not going to claim to live in Maidstone. I am a northern lad and do have some pride!

More seriously. We have asked around and it seems cards can be supplied along with UK addresses. Do you know if one of these could be used on our existing box, or is that for ever associated with our now dead card?

Hi jurdy

Thanks for your reply.

What is a “crack card” & “mmds box”?

Roger

Posted: 23 December 2007 01:51 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

well befor i head back to work we got Ireland card working in the Ireland but we have the cloane off it will i have 2 off them only think is we pay guy in Ireland very few months we get 4 extra channels rte 1 2 tv3 tg4 get all uk channels aswell

pay him 100 euros last sept think be getting call off him again soon lol
jan when al the bills com in lol (not )

just need old sly box and dish and he ran me trought how to match the card to it
this guy dont not ebay it so no good going there as sly watch ebay