changing visas
Posted: 19 December 2007 09:08 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-19

he there great site. has answered all my questions to date… but this one is tough.
we are australians and have been working under the table in spain for 6 months in the south.
we are travelling on a schengen visa, which we only received a month ago, so we have two months left on that (thats another story altogether!).
now we are in the north and have found our dream jobs on the ski slopes. we have done a few days work there, but the bosses are getting nervous about getting inspected by la policia.
they are offering us a work contract, but i believe we are not eligible.
they have talked about sponsoring us. how difficult is this process. do we still need to change our visas first? or does the work contract over ride the visa situation.
we are even discussing paying for the cost of the sponsorship… that is how much we love the jobs and the bosses. how much is it?
we would hate to realise our dream for the winter, only to have it snatched away by bureaucracy.

p.s. thanks again for the website… much to our disgust we found out through it that we were misinformed by the spanish embassy in australia. they told us that the schengen visa was our only option for visaiting spain… we could have gone through the paperwork before leaving, received resident status for 12 months, and the contract situation would be taken care of.

Posted: 19 December 2007 11:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2006-02-09

Hey there my precious…

Not great news for you. A work contract is good, but it doesn’t allow you to work in the country, but it is the first step. Check out the full on process here on our work visa page. Make sense?

Signature 

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Facebook for updates, advice, news, and highlights.

Posted: 20 December 2007 10:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-19

yeah i know i doesnt look too good. i spoke to my embassy today in spain and they said whilst difficult, it is not impossible to change my visa without returning to australia. they told me to call the spanish immigration office, but i want to do some research on their website before talking to them.
for the life of me i cant find them on the net… do they come under another name?
cheers!

‹‹ Retirement Visa      VISA HELP ››