Junkers WRD 14 2G 31 S2805 - “HydroPower” (MiniMaxx) Water Heater Problems
Posted: 03 January 2008 04:46 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Hi,

Our caldera, or water heater, has just stopped working :ohh:

Now when I turn the hot water on to start it, the heater initiates the pilot flame as normal but is not actually igniting. Both gas and water are passing through fine, but the unit just won’t ignite properly. After plenty of “clicking” by the igniter, the digital display just comes up with an “EA” error code.

Unfortunately I don’t have a manual for this water heater and can only find pdf files on the web in any language you care to choose but English!! Apparently Junkers are sold most places in the world but Britain.

If anyone has this model or similar - mine is a 14 litre - please let me know. If anyone can tell me what the “EA” error code means or have a link to any advice in English, it would be greatly appreciated.

I want to see if it’s a simple problem or not first before I pay out for a heating engineer’s costly visit to repair or replace the unit!  😊

Thanks - Heath

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 07 January 2008 02:32 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Problem solved 😉

We decided to install a new boiler!

Although the replacement part required would have been relatively cheap, the repairs and the time concerned would not have been convenient.

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 08 January 2008 10:14 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

sorry I was a bit late coming back on this one, I hve the manual as I have one of these also,

EA is blocked gas train or failed to ignite, which means the gas valve is not operating or the ignition is faulty as you have the clicking it is probably your gas valve sticking, common fault on the boilers here for some reason!!

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 06 August 2011 01:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-10-20

Hi,

I think I have the same Junkers butano gas water heater.

My problem is that the water flow sensor to start heating water is too high.
I would like to lower the pressure so that it comes on from a sink tap without splashing everything in the room.
I have switched the temperature knob on the front up and down which does not make much difference. Not much else to adjust, that I can see.
Is this adjustable or is it a replacement part?

Thanks and regards