I am a new member to this site and I have just had a visit from the dreaded Telefonica Service guy
Posted: 10 January 2008 09:12 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-10

Hi, I am a new member to this site and I have just had a visit from the dreaded Telefonica Service guy. I asked a friend to phone in for me because my Spanish is very bad and they phoned my mobile on Tuesday to say they would be coming on Wednesday to fit a new internet line. I waited for eight hours before thinking it was reasonably safe to leave the house….they were not coming. On Thursday lunchtime I got another call; we will be there in five minutes, which they were. The guy then fitted me with a house phone but no wireless router which is what I wanted. I did not even want a phone. However I do have a computer and it costs a fortune to use the internet cafe all the time which is why a wi fi network of my own would be ideal.

Posted: 10 January 2008 11:36 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

will up to you to buy your own phone as telefonica will charge you about 40 euros for same one you buy in a shop for 20 euros .....
wirless
Full Pricing One off fee Normal price 29,90? for the following months. Per Month

Adsl Administration 35,00 ?
-National telephone calls in Spain   Free!
Free!  Adsl Activation
Wirleless router   Free!
Service   Free!

http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/adsl1.htm#Full%20Pricing link to website 08 jan 08

lock down you wire less net work so no one cant e down loading ....... thinks you wont down load yourself (LOL )

Posted: 15 January 2008 08:55 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-08-28

Be careful with that telefonicainenglish.com website - that is not actually Telefonica!  They like to make foreigners believe that it is though… I fell for that myself.  The correct website is http://www.telefonicaonline.com.

If you have already contracted with Telefonica your best bet is to go there in person and try to talk to someone (I’m in Barcelona and there are Telefonica/Movistar offices everywhere.  My Spanish is not very good either, so I translated a few basic phrases in advance that I knew I would need, and off we went. 

My experience was actually quite good.  In fact, we got both our phone & Internet/router setup in less than 24 hours.  I know it can take much longer, depending where you live and if your street is already setup for it.  I don’t understand it all, but I’ve heard that if you’re the first person on your street or building to get Internet that it requires a much longer setup time that can take several weeks.  Maybe that’s the reason why you got a phone but no Internet??

With as many horror stories as I’ve heard about Telefonica, I’ve actually heard worse about their lower priced competitors (such as the “telefonicainenglish.com”), so hang in there.  They have some very nice & helpful personnel, you just have to find them. 😊

Signature 

Karie
http://www.karieandscott.com

Posted: 17 January 2008 05:48 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Kariek thaks for that , i sould have pointed that out , it is an independent service acting solely as agents for Telefonica products and services in Spain and it’s Islands.

Telefonica are to improve itsienglish side off thinks this year , dont have a date on it but there working on it , have insider in tf

jurdy

Posted: 19 January 2008 02:48 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

Telefonica,, Phoned up on Mon this week, ordered Tracs phone,, delivered and installed on thursday morning,
All done in English via Telefonica help line 1004.

Didnt believe it was the same company that I was talking to for my phone in my house, (took 7 months and loads of calls,,, LOL)

Signature 

Mike