1 of 2
Open Spanish bank account as non resident
Posted: 15 January 2008 01:38 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-01-04

Hello,

Well, I was just wondering if it is possible and legal?

I am from Morocco and I need to have one European bank account. Any experience, advices will be appreciated!

I am working as freelancer (web design/ web development) and online business, I have troubles with local account here and credit cards are allowed only for local use, so impossible to use them for verify paypal account..etc

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 15 January 2008 02:22 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

you can Open Spanish bank account as non resident once you have a bank account in Morocco you need you passport and 2 bills from you home address at home
but credit cards you will not be allowed as you not Eu resident so your back to that problem

where can an Morocco bank give you credit cards ?  that frist think you be asked and the banks will chq you credit ratting in Morocco and world wide
if you not leagel in spain this many bring troble ...

Posted: 15 January 2008 02:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Just to add to jurdyr’s comments, I opened a non-resident account without the 2 bills in my name and the bank card that they give you for ATMs uses the Visa Electron network which you can use for Paypal. I should know, that’s how I’m set up!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 January 2008 06:42 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

have to be a EU resident for Electron cards in Eu that includs spain aswell and if not you need a bank account wich is non EU resident there outher ways around if you log lot momey with the bank

it to stop fruad going on in the banking system

Posted: 15 January 2008 07:32 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
jurdyr - 15 January 2008 06:42 AM

have to be a EU resident for Electron cards in Eu that includs spain aswell and if not you need a bank account wich is non EU resident there outher ways around if you log lot momey with the bank

it to stop fruad going on in the banking system

Sorry Jurdyr, but in my experience, anyone can get a visa electron card. It’s automatic for any bank account you open as far as I know.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 January 2008 09:33 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Thank you guys for your replays!

Indeed, I want a bank account as well as Visa Card. I really need this to setup my small online business.

where can an Morocco bank give you credit cards ?  that frist think you be asked and the banks will chq you credit ratting in Morocco and world wide
if you not leagel in spain this many bring troble ...

I did not get your question!! I have Moroccan Visa Card Electron but it is only valid in here. You can not use it for paypal..
Right now, I am not in Spain, I am in Morocco.

Sorry Jurdyr, but in my experience, anyone can get a visa electron card. It?s automatic for any bank account you open as far as I know.

Please, can you advise me any bank or where to apply for to have it. Thanks

Regards,

Posted: 16 January 2008 04:49 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

google banks in spain still cant see why you can used a visa card from Morocco All credit cards work world wide paY-pal accounts and so on ....

Lacaixa , bbva are tow off the banks i see online

Posted: 16 January 2008 06:16 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Thanks again for your replay.

Regarding Moroccan Credit Card, I have Visa Electron but it is only valid in Morocco. The problem here is not the Credit Card but the problem is this : the export of Moroccan currency (dirhams) is prohibited. Only societies and big company can have international Visa Card. Paypal is entered here since May 2007, we were really exited to have paypal in Morocco but unfortunately what can offer paypal in here is limited. You can send money, however you can not receive. When you want to add funds for your payapl, the only option you see is : Add funds from US bank account. Thus, you can not add funds nor receive money, how do you can send money, I still do not know!!

I assure you that this is one of the most obstacles to make online business from here.

Regards,

Posted: 16 January 2008 07:20 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

will email the back in spain and see wich one your going to open you account with any more help , ask here on the forum
pm with what your are selling and you email address please will be doing bussines thre in 2008 some time are 2009

jurdy

Posted: 21 January 2008 05:21 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Hello,

Thanks jurdyr for your help!

Indeed, I am working on web development / web design.

What do you think about cajamadrid.es?

Posted: 22 January 2008 06:30 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

not a bad bank but used lacaixa my self and work aswell , get payed faster then lol

Posted: 22 January 2008 06:35 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

keep eye on you “VAT” if you do your bussines via you spanish account

Posted: 23 January 2008 09:53 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Hello,

I tried to contact lacaixa for have information and the procedure to have an account with them but they ask for the NIV number in spite of I have choosed international.

jurdyr, how did you get your account there?

Thanks,

Posted: 23 January 2008 10:11 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

you need to have a NIE no to have account in spain , you need to have a non resident account , if open account any where in the EU that look for a tax no any more . Think you going to fine it hard to have a Visa Card from EU all banks are get real tight about accounts any more with Madrid and Eu looking down on them

With Criminal Assets Bureau looking to Organised Crime and taxes not been payed there making it hard for real people to make money any more
this is also safe gaurding against terrorism moving money

Posted: 24 January 2008 04:40 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, perhaps I got my accounts before all the crack downs then. I have an account with Caixa Catalunya and La Caixa (don’t like them as much) and I didn’t need to have an NIE for either.

Don’t call them to ask about requirements, go into the bank and ask them personally.

Given the racist attitudes some Spanish people have towards Moroccans, I have a feeling you might have difficulties no matter what however.

Signature 

Posted: 24 January 2008 09:57 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Hello,

and if some one of my family who lives in Spain can provide the bank with his address in addition to mine of course, I can get the account ?
Spanish people can have what they want from here, however for us, Moroccans, so complicated ..I agree that there are bad people but why do they take all of us for a something!

You’re right The Expatriator! I just wonder why this racism!! Even I want to get some information from the consulate here, but never got them (always automatic responder).

1 2 > 
1 of 2